Give international researchers new insights into Hong Kong’s unique political and social history during the 20th century with online access to the South China Morning Post. This premier English-language title is known for its authoritative, influential, and independent reporting on all of Asia as well as its perspective of the rest of the world.
Advances research in the following areas, and more:
- Chinese Revolution that overthrew the Qing Dynasty, China’s last imperial dynasty
- Spread of the bubonic plague and adoption of the Peak Reservation Ordinance
- Battle of Hong Kong in December, 1941, which led to the Japanese occupation during World War II
- Reestablishment of the British colonial government after the end of the war
- Communist Revolution in China in 1949
- Industrialization and economic growth of Hong Kong